A collection of all my favourite recipes, if I try it and love it, its here in one easy place for me to find again. While the recipes may not be mine all the pictures are.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Apple Cake - made in a food processor

2 medium apples
1 cup sugar - I used about 1/2 cup
1 large egg
100 g melted butter
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 180
Core and chop the apples into about quarters (do not peel)
Put into food processor and 'whiz' into pieces the size of peas
Quickly add butter, sugar and egg - process to mix thru
Measure remaining ingredients on top - mix breifly using pulse
Spoon into a 20cm square tin, lined with baking paper
Bake for 45-60 mins until cntre springs back and skewer comes out clean
Leave for 5-10 mins before turning out.

Ice or just dust with icing sugar or ice with cream cheese icing

Cake turned out lovely and moist!

NOTE : I used 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp baking soda
I didn't bother putting anything on top or adding the walnuts


Thanks again EBB boysmum

No comments:

Post a Comment