A collection of all my favourite recipes, if I try it and love it, its here in one easy place for me to find again. While the recipes may not be mine all the pictures are.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Russian Fudge


3 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup condensed milk
125g butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon golden syrup



Place all ingredients in a very large microwave safe bowl
Microwave for 15 minutes stirring every 3 minutes
Allow to cool slightly
Then beat with an electric beater until thick
Poor into a lined tin to set

Add vanilla or nuts when beating at the end if you wish

Note : This boils over every time in my microwave even when I use the biggest bowl I have, it only ever boils over the once though.
Also I have noted that its a more creamier fudge if you under cook it but by only a minute or two, no more in case it does not set, suppose it depends on your microwave. If I cook in mine for the full 15mins it comes out as a more crumbly fudge and we prefer it more creamy.

Edmonds Cookery Book



No comments:

Post a Comment