A collection of all my favourite recipes, if I try it and love it, its here in one easy place for me to find again. While the recipes may not be mine all the pictures are.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

PEANUT CHICKEN RICE

Oil
Chicken
1 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic crushed1 can tinned toms
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter - I use a couple of huge spoonfuls give or take
1/2 tea spn chilli
1/2 tea spn currie
1 large pinch thyme
3 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups rice - it suggests basmati or jasmine. I use my usual rice.

Heat the oil and cook the chicken.
Add onion and garlic and cook until soft. If you use the precrushed garlic add after onion starts to soften or it burns!
Mix in tomatoes, peanut butter chili powder and thyme and mix well.
Add chicken stock and bring to the boil.
Add the rice and mix well and bring back to the boil.
Cover and reduce heat.
Cook for 20 mins on low.

It says to check to make sure all liquid is absorbed. I find it has a tendency to catch so I have more stock to add as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment