A collection of all my favourite recipes, if I try it and love it, its here in one easy place for me to find again. While the recipes may not be mine all the pictures are.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Apple and Kiwi Fruit Jam ( home canning preserves )


650g Kiwi Fruit (peeled and diced)
350g Apple (peeled and diced)
1 Tble Spn Lemon Juice
800g White Sugar




Warm sugar in the oven
Place Kiwi Fruit, Apple and Lemon Juice in a large pan.
Simmer on low heat until soft.
Remove from heat and add warmed sugar to kiwi fruit mix stirring quickly until sugar is dissolved
Return to pan heat, bring to boil and cook until setting point is reach 220 deg (approx 20 mins)
Spoon into hot, sterilised jars and seal.

I made up this recipe based on the quantity of ingredients that I had available.


No comments:

Post a Comment