A collection of all my favourite recipes, if I try it and love it, its here in one easy place for me to find again. While the recipes may not be mine all the pictures are.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

CAULIFLOWER SOUP

1 tbsp olive oil
1 chopped onion
1 scant tsp curry powder (optional)
1 head cauliflower, broken into pieces
2 med potatoes (peeled & chopped)
8 cups chicken stock
1.5 cups grated gruyere cheese (could substitute cheddar??)
8 slices baguette

note to self : I just used normal cheese and did not bother with the grilled cheese toast because I'm lazy :o)


Heat oil in large heavy pan on medium heat.
Cook onion for 5 mins until soft.
Add curry powder, stir and cook for 2 mins.
Add cauli & potatoes, stir to coat.
Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 mins until veggies are tender.
Season (also added a tsp of sugar).

Cool a little, then blend until smooth.
Stir in 1 cup gruyere and reheat gently.

Toast one side of baguette under grill, sprinkle remaining cheese on untoasted side, then grill again until melted & golden.
Ladle hot soup into bowls and add with grilled cheese toast.

NOTE : I just used normal cheese and did not bother with the grilled cheese toast because I'm lazy :o)

Thanks again EBB

No comments:

Post a Comment