A collection of all my favourite recipes, if I try it and love it, its here in one easy place for me to find again. While the recipes may not be mine all the pictures are.

Friday, April 30, 2010

FORGOTTEN COOKIES


*DON'T THINK MUCH OF THESE, WON'T BOTHER TO COOK AGAIN*

2 egg whites
120g caster sugar
120g walnuts, roughly chopped
150g dark chocolate chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract

Heat the oven to 180 deg
- it must be completely hot not just up to temperature.
Line 2 baking sheets with foil
[ note: I did use foil & not baking paper as I wondered if it was a heat-retention requirement]
Whisk eggwhites with a good pinch of salt until stiff & dry.
Gradually whisk in sugar a little at a time to make a thick and glossy meringue.
Tip in the nuts, chocolate and vanilla and gently fold in
Spoon heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture (no larger)
spaced apart, onto the sheets. [they don't spread much]
Put in the oven and immediately turn it off.
Leave without disturbing overnight.
In the morning carefully peel the cookies from the foil
Store in an airtight container for 1 week.

- ha ha if they last that long!!

I just realised I forgot the vanilla extract.
Also I had 150g of whittakers dark almond, so I just used that and no extra choc or nuts.

Thanks Jacqui :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment